Sunday, August 20, 2006

Shooter (nominated most original game name 2006 and lost)


So this is Shooter. Its the biggest game ive ever made and its not finished. Basically I could finish it but ive done what I wanted todo with it. Its got 2 different type of normal enemies, a boss, some sound effects. The whole caboodle basically. Its kinda fun to play but there is nothing really thats special about it. On the programming/learning side however I learn TONS. The project finished up at about 1500 lines long which may not sound like much but to me its the equivalent to eating 6 or 7 small children, not in a week but IN ONE SITTING. Yes its pretty hardcore and not for the faint of heart. Oh and incase you suddenly think that Ive developed a bit of an artistic edge. None of the art work is my own, its all taken from royalty free sources (some sprite sheet I found lying around somewhere...)

Get it here! (shooter.zip)

Instructions, Arrow keys to move and space to fire. The floaty p thing is a powerup that increases the power of your gunZ.

No comments: