Sunday, August 20, 2006

Javalin Throwing sim


I'm sure everyone has played those annoying flash games where you have to throw the javelin as far as you can (I didn't link to any because they are all a hell of a lot better than mine!). Well as the previous parenthesised comment just alluded to, I have indeed created my own version of this timeless classic. Once again featuring "generic plumber man" and his estranged rocket/spear (wtf is it??) contraption.

I would like to point out that this is without doubt the most buggy piece of rubbish I have ever forced upon the poor inhabitants of this thankless planet. Its not a virus but I reckon even the virus writers would form a collective sharp intake of breath at the sight of this hideous monstrosity. Oh and a lot of the time is doesn't work.

Believe it or not the game play reason for making these was that you could accomplish a lot with just one button. What with all the new controllers having more buttons than a pearly king its nice to limit yourself to something more simple.

So if you are still feeling foolish enough to try it out...

Get it here! Javalin.zip

Oh its space bar to do all the associated actions (running, throwing etc).

No comments: